1. Remember that everything rests in Allah’s Hand, and nothing is possible without His help and assistance. Therefore, constantly turn to Allah in du’a (supplication), asking of Him to grant you a happy marriage and a happy home. From the things you can ask for are: O Allah, correct me (make me upright) for my wife and correct her for me. O Allah, correct us (our affairs) for our children and correct them (keep them upright) for us. No matter how long you have been married, du’a must continue; even if you are married for decades. If not for Allah’s help, things can go south verily easily.
2. Once we marry, we take on a new responsibility. In addition to what is due to our work, friends, family etc, we now have another responsibility, one toward our spouses (and, in sha Allah, children); therefore, we must balance our lives and give what is due to all those with rights over us.
Salmân al-Fârisî said to Abû al-Dardâ’: “Your own self has a right over you, your Lord has a right over you, your guest has a right over you, and your family has a right over you. So give everyone his due.” When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) heard about what Salmân had said, he approved of it, saying: “Salmân has spoken the truth.” (al-Bukhari)
From the greatest of responsibilities we have, is that responsibility toward our parents; so, make sure to maintain a strong relationship with them. Continue being dutiful toward them, as this is from the greatest factors contributing to our happiness and success. After all, “The pleasure of the Lord is in the pleasure of the parents, and the displeasure of the Lord is in the displeasure of the parents.” (al-Tirmidhi)
3. Establish the deen (religion) of Allah in your household. If we maintain our salah and other obligations, if we treat one another as Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) guided us to, if we stay away from riba (dealing with interest), if we feed and clothe ourselves with that which is halal, etc, we will be with Allah, and Allah will be with us. And when Allah is with us, we need no one and nothing else; we will be protected and guided and will be able to get through any challenges that face us, with Allah’s permission.
“Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you. Be mindful of Allah and you will find Him before you.” (al-Tirmidhi)
Latest posts by Noor Aqsa (see all)
- Allah subhanahu se Magfirat aur Aafyiat manga karo kyuki - 14th June 2017
- Sajda e Tilawat ki dua - 14th June 2017
- Bewaon aur miskeenon ke kaam aaney wala - 14th June 2017