In shaa Allah. Must read. May Allah give us sense of ability to follow these guidelines. Aameen
1. Put away your phone in their presence.
2. Pay attention to what they are saying.
3. Accept their opinions.
4. Engage in their conversations.
5. Look at them with respect.
6. Always praise them.
7. Share good news with them.
8. Avoid sharing bad news with them.
9. Speak well of their friends and loved ones to them.
10. Keep in remembrance the good things they did.
11. If they repeat a story, listen like it’s the first time they tell it.
12. Don’t bring up painful memories from the past.
13. Avoid side conversations in their presence.
14. Sit respectfully around them.
15. Don’t belittle/criticize their opinions and thoughts.
16. Avoid cutting them off when they speak.
17. Respect their age.
18. Avoid hitting/disciplining their grandchildren around them.
19. Accept their advice and direction.
20. Give them the power of leadership when they are present.
21. Avoid raising your voice at them.
22. Avoid walking in front or ahead of them.
23. Avoid eating before them.
24. Avoid glaring at them.
25. Fill them with pride even when they don’t think they deserve it.
26. Avoid putting your feet up in front of them or sitting with your back to them.
27. Don’t speak ill of them to the point where others speak ill of them too.
28. Keep them in your prayers always possible.
29. Avoid seeming bored or tired of them in their presence.
30. Avoid laughing at their faults/mistakes.
31. Do a task before they ask you to.
32. Continuously visit them.
33. Choose your words carefully when speaking with them.
34. Call them by names they like.
35. Make them your priority above anything.
🔜Pass this du’a so that as much as parents get this beautiful dua.
May Allah bless our parents with good health, wealth, deen and blessings.
May Allah bless our parents & for those whose parents have passed away, may اَللَّه سُبْحَانَهُ وَتعالي grant them & all marhooms the highest stages in Jannah..!!!
Ameen ya rab.